Bashir Ahmed Sujan is one of the renowned photographer in Bangladesh, has 20 years of professional photography experience, both national & international arena. He is a member of Map Photo Agency which is a leading photography agency in Bangladesh. He has traveled a lot of places in Bangladesh which enriched his experienced as a documentary photographer. His commitment towards social issues is reflecting through his work over the years. He is also working in commercial fields like corporate event, advertising, wedding & product photography.
Prior Relevant Experience
I have worked with different national and international NGOs over the years. Some of my clients include:
• Actionaid,• ADB - Asian Development Bank • BRAC Bangladesh • British Council • British high commission Dhaka• BBC World Service Trust• CONCERN Bangladesh • EXPOFORUM gmbH, Switzerland • IOM- International Organization for Migration • ICDDRB • LAMB Hospital • Oxfam GB • Plan Bangladesh • Radley Yeldar (LONDON) • SOS BARNBYAR (SWEDEN) • SDC - Swiss Development Corporation, Dhaka • SYNGENTA • Save the Children UK • Save the Children – Sweden Denmark • TDH Italy .Terry des homes foundation• TDH Switzerland. Terry des homes foundation • UNICEF • White Ribbon Alliance
AB Bank, Ad-din Hospital, Asian Paint, Akij Group, Bank Asia, bKash Limited, Banglalink, Bitopi Advertising, Benchmark-Advertising, Cogito Advertising, CitiCell, Citi Group NA, DESIGO, Grameen Phone, Grey Advertising, IDLC, Interspeed Advertising, LankaBangla, Standard Chartered Bank, Nymphea
Photography Related Skills & Expertise
Advertising Photography, Conceptual Photography, Children Photography, Experimental Photography, Environmental Photography, Event Photography, Family Portrait, Product Photography, Social Documentary, Street Photography, Portfolio Making, Wedding Photojournalism, Expert working in different River Island and Hill Tracks in Bangladesh- (Walking mile after mile & Floating with boat for week after week.)
AWARDS & Exhibition
First time in Bangladesh "Daily Life of a city" taken with a Mobile Camera Photo Exhibition at Hotel Sheraton organized by Colours of Bangladesh & Map Photo Agency in 2005 •
Life of Young Sex Workers in Daulatdia Brothel was shown in Sweden and Japan •
Ideal Exhibition – depicting a unique education program by UNICEF in 1998 (Dhaka). •
Adjudged two times the photographer of the year in 1997 and 1999 organized by AALOK group.
Received FIAP, Canon other National and International awards from 1996- 2012.
Book & Publications
“BRITTO”- joint collaboration with Map photographers in 2003; •
“An Unknown Dusk” in 2007. •
"The Crochet Village" in 2010.
• Contribute to IPS- Inter Press Service (News Agency) Asia-Pacific.
• Contribute to Star Magazine, LIFE Style and Other National News Paper in Dhaka.
• Photo essays are published in BARN (Sweden) & CONSTRUIRE (Switzerland)
Photography Workshop & Training
"Understanding Disability and SRHR": Problems and Implications in Bangladesh" Organized by (CGSRHR) JPG School of Public Health, ICDDRB, BRAC University, BRAC. Funded by NUFFIC. April-2017.
"Photo Story, Writing and Research" with a master class photographer-"ASIM RAFIQUI" Stockholm, Sweden, Organized by COUNTERFOTO, September-2013.
"Photo Documentary, Editing and Story making" with a master class photographer- "Pieter Ten Hoopen" Organized by COUNTERFOTO, Feb-2013. •
“Dhaka Mutation- Sprite of the City” Organized by German Culture Centre- 2010; •
“Cityscape” Organized by German Culture Center-2009; • “FAITH” Organized by British Council-2006; •
* Conducted several photography training workshop for NGOs, Corporate office, Students, during 2002-2013 • Key conductor and resource person during the Positive Lives Campaign in 2002 - 2005.
• Field Coordinator of Photography Course on SRHR "Lens on Gender & Sexual Diversity" Organized by (CGSRHR) JPG School of Public Health, BRAC University, BRAC. Funded by NUFFIC. April-2016.
• Field Coordinator of Photography Course on SRHR "Documenting People on the MARGINS" Organized by (CGSRHR) JPG School of Public Health, BRAC University, BRAC. Funded by NUFFIC. March-2017.
(Joint Partnership of ActionAid Bangladesh & Map Photo Agency) organizing Photo Shows & awareness workshops for School ,Collage & University Student ,Community people, July 2002- October 2008. • “TRAFFICKED- A project to raise Awareness About Child Trafficking in Bangladesh”( Joint Partnership with SDC, EXPOFORUM gmbH, TDH-Italy) as Exhibition Tour Co-ordinator in Bangladesh. Sep 2010- Jan 2011.